To pursue a lawsuit against Johnson & Johnson for their failure to warn of the dangers posed by using talcum powder, there are particular facts that you should be able to demonstrate about yourself. They include:
- You have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer.
- You have a history of routinely using talcum powder in your genital area over at least five years.
- You have regularly used Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder.
- A biopsy of your ovarian tissue is positive for traces of talcum powder.
- You do not have a genetic disorder pre-disposing you to ovarian cancer, like the BRCA 1 gene or BRCA 2 gene. Changes, ormutations, in BRCA genes are known to increase a woman’s risk of developing ovarian cancer.
Stern Law can discuss your case with you and help you arrange testing if necessary to help determine whether you may qualify to pursue a product liability claim against Johnson & Johnson.